Search engine optimization is not only shown through content. When you are making websites, the codes should also be SEO-friendly. Here are some tips to score SEO-friendly points for your layout:
1. Make your site navigation HTML based and highly accessible.
2. Stay away from misleading images, instead, optimized the keywords on your menu.
3. Use sitemap for easier navigation.
4. Avoid to deep links. Everything should be accessible in lesser clicks.
5. Make your header clear with the best screen resolution.
6. Add Categories widget on your side bar.
7. Add Tags widget on your side bar.
8. Highlight your best posts on the top most of the page or side bar. Using featured posts plugins or add-ons will really be helpful.
9. Avoid too much clutter on the back end. It also translates to confusing codes for the bots.
10. Always keep a clean but powerful layout.